"Cada um sabe a dor e a delícia de ser o que é. / Each one knows the pain and the delight of being what they are." (Caetano Veloso)

" [Ei-mi] "

" [Ei-mi] "
These are my eyes...

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Admirable

Elizabeth Edwards speaks about her husband´s (John Edwards) affair



So admirable. Honestly. In my way, I´ve been in her shoes. In my way, of course. But this woman has now my complete admiration. She gave this interview holding herself together - I dont know If I could - and she said it all: WOMEN SHOULD RESPECT OTHER WOMEN; human beings should respect one another. A relationship, a healthy one, takes a lot of work and dedication to be successful and I cannot understand how an outsider thinks he or she can interfere in that. The main mistake is still the husband´s, but honestly, if the so called "mistress" were a decent person, nothing would have happened.
Here is my point. (which she makes very clear in the interview)
Here is why I blamed and condemned the only lady I have ever hated in my life. This is past, but nobody will ever convince me she is a really good and decent human being, exactly because she knew I was there, trying to have a happy and healthy relationship and she didnt care.
Thank God I CARE. I can stand still that no matter how many flaws and weaknesses I may have, because decency is incripted in my being. I may fall for or feel attracted to someone, but if there is a ring, if there is an unfinished committment, I am not taking that road. This is not because I´m anything special, this is because intelligence tells me not to do to others what I wouldn´t like to be done to me: especially when the action is so hurtfull.
Many years have gone by already, but memories and experiences stay. Maybe scars too.

Yes, I still believe in honesty and faithfulness. I will not give up because so many have decided to forget good values. And this is applicable in any community, independantly of religious background, color or sexual orientation.

Taking another opportunity to just "let it go", I take a deep breathe and hope I have know found the right person that can stand up high to let´s say, my level - in a good way. I of course, hope I can stand up for hers too.

Fear still visits, as anyone would tell.


No comments:


My Slideshow

Amy´s Welcome


Playlist @ Last.fm


Meow, cos´...

Meow, cos´...
EU ACREDITO EM SAPAS !!!